Zydus Wellness completed 100% acquisition of stake in Heinz India for Rs 4,595 crore.
This includes the brands Complan, Glucon D, Nycil Talcum Powder and Sampriti Ghee, 2 large manufacturing facilities in Aligarh and Sitarganj and teams devoted to operations, research, sales, marketing and support. Heinz India also has a strong distribution network of over 800 distributors, more than 20,000 wholesalers covering 29 states.
Valuation of Heinz India:
– Valuation of Rs 4,595 crore
– Revenue of Rs 1,150 crore
– EBITDA of Rs 225 crore
– 4x EV/Sales
– 20.4x EV/EBITDA
– 6-7% growth rate
– This deal is inexpensive compared to GSK Cons (6x EV/Sales and 30x EV/EBITDA)
– GSK is the market leader in the Rs 7,000 crore domestic health food drinks segment, with Horlicks holding a 49% market share, followed by Mondelez’s Bournvita at 11% and Complan at 7%.
– Revenue will increase by 3 times to Rs 1,700 crore
– EBITDA of Rs 340 crore
– EBITDA margin 20%
– Aim to achieve double digit growth
– Iconic brands Complan, Glucon D and Nycil, which have a legacy of over 50 years
– Two #1 brands in the market, Glucon D and Nycil
– Health Food Drinks (HFD) segment grows at 6%, whereas some of the other Food & Beverage (F&B) category grows at 16%, Ambit Capital reported
– The slow growth is forcing incumbents to exit the segment
– Zydus issued shares on a preferential basis to True North (Rs 1,000 crore), Pioneer Investment Fund (Rs 100 crore), Cadila (Rs 1,175 crore), Zydus Family Trust (Rs 300 crore). The issue price is Rs 1,382.
– Zydus raised debt by issuing NCD for Rs 1,500 crore.
– Dr. Sharvil Patel, Chairman & CEO, is associated with the company since 1997
– Dr. Patel has doctorate for his research work in Breast Cancer at John Hopkins, Bayview Medical Centre, USA
– Promoters hold 72.5% of the company
– Matthews India Fund holds 3.8% of the company
– Reliance MF holds 3.1% of the company
– Azim Premji holds 3.5% of the company
The Promoter Group and Private PE invested Rs 2,575 crore, or at Rs 1,382 per share.